2016.12.09 - 2016.12.11
Art and Design Christmas Fair
It’s that time again! Decorative arts, crafts and design will fill the Cathedral at Röda Sten Konsthall offering you an ample choice of gifts for friends, family or even yourself! The Christmas Market is open one evening and two whole days showcasing a range of previously unshown designers and several oldies but goldies.
Jewelry, ceramics, posters, calendars, textiles and much more will be available to buy. Avoid the commerce in the city and choose from unique, handmade, beautiful gifts from local, national and international designers and craftsman.
In addition to the market you will also find Young & Creative’s art exhibition on the 3rd floor. The restaurant will be serving glögg, hot chocolate, sandwiches, a large selection of vegetarian/vegan options and much more. The Konsthall will be festively decorated and we look forward to welcoming you with open arms!
This year you can give more children and families a merrier Christmas by donating Christmas presents to Stadsmisssionen. You can donate non-wrapped Christmas presents in the Lounge at floor one. Use the restaurant entrance to get there without queuing.
Friday 9 December 5pm - 8pm
Saturday 10 December 12 noon – 5pm
Sunday 11 December 12 noon – 5pm
Free up to 26 years and for members of Röda Sten Cultural Association
- Bring cash with you, preferably in varying denominations. Exact money helps to process payments more quickly. The closest cashpoint/atm is located Mariaplan or Chapmans torg. Many sellers are now also using Swish as a payment method.
- There may be a que outside to get in – gloves, hat or raincoat might be a good idea! The que can look a lot longer than it is - last year the queuing time was approximately 15 minutes.
- Dogs must stay at home or outside together with a human friend. Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Toilets with changing tables are available both in the restaurant and in konsthallen. There is very limited space to park strollers during the Christmas market.
- All premises can be reached by the elevator, which is 89 cm wide and 140 cm deep.
- A large toilet, suitable for wheelchairs is available in the restaurant.
Click here for more information about physical accessibility
TO DIRECTIONS TO RÖDA STEN KONSTHALL
- Tram 3 or 9, or bus 90 to Vagnhallen Majorna. Follow the signs and walk towards the Älvsborgs Bridge. The building is located by the water underneath the bridge. It takes about 10 minutes to walk from the stop to Röda Sten Konsthall
- Ferryboat: Älvsnabben to Klippans Färjeläge. Walk along the water towards the Älvsborgs Bridge. Röda Sten Konsthall is located by the water underneath the bridge. It takes approximately 10 minutes to walk from the ferry stop
- Bicycle: There is a bicycle lane along the water (passing Stena ferry terminal and Fiskehamnen) all the way from Gothenburg city center.
- Car: From E45: Take exit Mariaplan/Hamn/Kiel/Chapmanstorg. Follow signs to Mariaplan/Klippan V and turn right onto Karl Johansgatan. Take the first right onto Banehagsgatan and follow this street up to the parking lot on your right. Further on to the left there is also additional parking. Note! It is not permitted to park in the area outside the building.
Click here for map and full dircetions
Anders och Barbro
Design Emma Sjödin
Ellen Claesson Ceramics
Jenny Lou store
Jewelry of Hisingen
Kerstin Merlin Eriksdotter
Lisa Hammar Posse
Pop in Majorna
Ung & Skapande